Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Wonderful Life

I’ve been staying busy lately repainting rooms in my house. I also got bored one day and tore up the carpet in my library and living room. Under the carpet was beautiful hardwood floors that I believe are original to the house which is over a hundred years old. They don’t make hard wood flooring like this anymore. When we get our taxes back next year we are going to have someone come in and sand and polyurethane the floors. They will be even more beautiful then. I also ripped out the carpet on the stairs and uncovered beautiful wooden stairs. The house looks so much better without that nasty carpeting in it.

Good news, Tim got moved to first shift at work and it is great. So now he works 6-2pm and I don’t spend nearly as much time alone as I did when he was on third shift. Now we can actually do things in the evening and go places. He should be safe on that shift for the next year. Hopefully he won’t get bumped when his year of safety is up.

I am also going to start writing an opinion column for TheCelebrityCafe.com. Dominick, the founder, wants the column as many times a week as I can write it. I was going to do a humor column but I’m kind of limited on material since life only involves being a wife and mother. But an opinion column, well there are endless topics and I have an opinion on almost everything. I need to get my first column written this week and submit it to Dominick. I haven’t decided on a topic yet. I hate trying to come up with topics because I always seem to draw a blank.

I had a horrible cold last week that kept me in bed all week but now I’m finally better. It really knocked me on my butt. Luckily the hubby and kids didn’t get sick.

I haven’t been sleeping lately. I take a bunch of sleeping pills and still can’t fall asleep and then when I finally do I can’t stay asleep. I wake up all through the night. I haven’t gotten a decent night’s sleep in over three weeks. The last three nights I have been sleeping on the couch because for some unknown reason I fall asleep faster on the couch than when I’m in my bed. I go back to my doctor on the 19th and I am going to talk to her about maybe if I have a medical condition that causes me to not be able to sleep. Maybe if I can get diagnosed with something they can treat it. No sleeping pills work for me. I seem to have a very high tolerance to them. Maybe I will get lucky and can find out why I don’t sleep and can find a medicine that will help the problem. I am desperate for sleep.

Well, that’s all for now. Until next time….

1 comment:

  1. Finally a new post! I am so sorry you can't sleep. It makes you exhausted, cranky, and depressed. Know that my heart goes out to you my love. I know you have had sleeping problems since you were a child. Maybe the Dr. can finally do something that really helps! All my love my beautful girl! Mom

    ReplyDelete