Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Birthday Bash 2010

Well my birthday was good. At least I think so since there are parts I don't remember. I had enough fun for a two day hangover. It will definitely be a while before I drink again.

For my birthday, I wanted paint. I have one more room in the house to remodel which is the closed-in front porch. My plan is to make it look like the outdoors. The ceiling will be Serene Sky blue, the walls will be Summer Harvest yellow, and the wicker furniture will be green to symbolize grass. Tim didn't think this was a very good birthday present but it's what I wanted. Remodeling gives me something to do and the front porch will definitely be a project. It needs to be cleaned and cleaned out in order for me to even start painting. Also, the drywall ceiling may need to come down and I'm not sure of the condition of the wood underneath. Whether or not the drywall needs to be replaced or not is a mystery. I may be able to just paint over the wood rafters but worst case scenario I'll need to replace the drywall. It sure will be a project.

Monday I am going to try and make it to Battle Creek to visit my friend Henrietta. We might go to a ceramics class so that should be fun. I have a wood burning plaque to make for Henrietta that she wants as a gift to a friend, so I have to get that done which shouldn't be a problem. I can usually finish a project in a night. Henrietta thinks I should start selling my wood burning work and I'm seriously considering it but for now I just want to have fun with it.

Anyway, that's all for now. Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. I always love your blog entries!! It was so nice for us to be there with you for your birthday! You are a beautiful woman (as evidenced by you getting hit on at the bar!!) And watching you get sick in the parking lot WAS kinda funny. But all in all it was a good night! Love you sweetheart, Mom

    ReplyDelete